Welcome to our PSHE page
Aims and objectives:
Personal, social and health education (PSHE) and citizenship enables children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society. The curriculum delivered in school aims to develop children's confidence, self-esteem and awareness to:
- actively promotes fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs;
- promotes tolerance and respect of all faiths (and those with no faith), cultures and lifestyles through effective spiritual, moral, social and cultural development;
- make the most of their abilities;
- play an active, positive role as citizens in a democratic society;
- understand and develop good relationships with each other and all members of the school and wider community;
- have respect for each other and the differences between people;
- develop a healthy and safe lifestyle;
- make informed choices regarding personal and social issues – be responsible members of the school community.
At Halfway Houses School we believe that effective Sex and Relationship Education is essential for young people to make responsible and well informed decisions about their lives. The SRE programme is integrated into the PSHE curriculum within the school.
SRE is the lifelong learning about the physical, moral and emotional development. Pupils are taught about the nature and celebration of marriage. The school also recognises the importance of other strong and mutually supportive relationships and ensures there is no stigmatism of children based on their home circumstances. We celebrate different families and same love!
Parents meetings are held in the Summer term so that parents can view the SRE materials and support discussions at home.