Leading Parent Partnership Award
The LPPA is a recognised award that provides a challenging framework within which schools can strengthen their partnerships with parents and carers.
In addition, through this award schools can meet a number of longer-term success criteria, such as improved pupil progress, punctuality, attendance and behaviour and increased parental involvement in school life.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based objectives, which schools must meet to get the award:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
What is the award?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools, which work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at Halfway Houses Primary School?
It will make our work with families even better. It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know, we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
How can families help us gain the award?
· Read all information that we send out
· Come along to events we organise if you able
· Complete any questionnaires or feedback slips as honestly as you can
Thank you for your continued support and please see:
or speak to Mrs Fordyce and Mrs Potts for further details.