Welcome to our Science Page!
The National Curriculum for sciences aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them
- Are equipped with the scientific knowledge require to understand the uses of and implications of science, today and for the future.
Our Science GOLD Mark
- In recognition of all the hard work that we have put into Science learning within the school we have been awarded the Science Gold Mark. This is an amazing achievement and is something to celebrate. A huge congratulations to everyone but especially to the Science Team who have led the developments in Science.
- Every year we ask children in years 5 and 6 to be Science apprentices. They have the chance to promote science across the school, help with science week and be involved in science learning across the school.
We have an amazing Forest School where we like to use for our science learning.
Take a look at our Forest School page to see what we have been up to - click on the image below.